Barry Morrison, coach of the UNB Men’s Soccer team and Head Coach of the Fredericton District Soccer Association is pleased to inform, educate, and practice with our own players, volunteers, and parents from the Village to kick off our soccer season! Morrison brings a wealth of experience to the soccer program in Fredericton and is willing to share that wealth with our own community soccer program. He holds a Level IV NCCP certification and a National B Licence as well as a plethora of coaching experience from club to college with both men’s and women’s teams. He has also held the position of Soccer NB Technical Programs Manager and is currently the Club Head Coach with the Fredericton District Soccer Association. So, let’s kick of the soccer season just right…
Morrison will provide:
- Parent Info Session – Sessions for parents about the game of soccer, how it is structured in the province, what opportunities there are for youth, as well as what should be expected from involvement in a quality program.
- Player Clinic – Working with groups of players in the area specifically for fun. Setting up fun and engaging sessions that players can take part in and really see how much fun soccer can be. These are also good sessions for parents and coaches to watch, as it may help to get a visual of what a practice might look like.
- When: Monday, May 12th @ 6:30-8:00 pm & Thursday May 15th @ 6:30-8:00 pm
- Who: Players, coaches, and parents from ages groups 7-10 & 11-15
- Where: Gagetown School Soccer Field(s)
- Morrison will also provide a fun clinic for players, coaches, and parents for age group 3-6 on Monday, May 19th @ 6:30-7:30 pm