What is Taekwondo?
The WTF Taekwondo Federation strives to promote the growth and development of Taekwondo and encourages physical activity and a healthy lifestyle for all athletes so that they can achieve their greatest potential. We aim to promote the art, philosophy, and sport of Taekwondo to help participants achieve competitive excellence.
Meet your Taekwondo Instructor!
Edna started Taekwon-Do in 1980 at the YMCA and has been instructing since 1986 in both Taekwon-Do WTF (world) and ITF (international) with attaining the level of International instructor. Currently, Edna is the Chief Instructor of Lu’s NB based out of the O’Keefe Center at STU and Vice President of ITFNB. She is also a 4th degree in Taekwon-Do (The Art of Hand and Foot) and a 1st degree in Hap-Kido (Joint Locks and pressure points), a 5 time National Champion and 2 time World Champion in Middle weight sparing, competed in the World Championships in 2004(Malaysia) and 2006 (Bulgaria), won 4 gold medals – 2004 (middle weight sparring), 2006 ( middle weight sparring, 4th degree patterns and team power breaking), 1 silver ( individual power breaking 2006) and 1 bronze (3rd degree patterns 2004).
- 1x per week (Mondays) @ 6:30-7:45pm;
- Sept – June @ the Gagetown School (Sept 24th – June 10th);
- GDRC Membership PLUS additional fee ($75/term, $150/family/term, payment options avail.);
- No equipment or experience needed;
- Advancement to each belt level with testing periods;
- Uniforms are provided, as well as gear!