In partnership with Softball NB & Softball Canada, the GDRC LEARN TO PLAY PROGRAM is a revolutionary way of introducing the sport of Softball to youth. Activities are included which foster the involvement of ALL players, including players with high and low skill levels. Youth will experience excitement, enjoyment, and success. Activities and lead-up games are patterned after informal playground games that promise an hour of FUN and LOTS OF ACTION. Participants will go home at the end of the day happy and tired, while improving their fitness level.
The Learn to Play website is your source for all information regarding the Learn to Play Program. This website contains resources for those already involved in the Learn to Play Program and for those who are seeking more information on the Program and its benefits: http://www.softball.ca/english/programs/learn-to-play.html
Inside the LTP Manual you will find:
- Prepared lesson plans
- Easy to follow instructions
- Progressions for teaching basic skills
- Lead up games designed to simulate the real game of softball
LTP allows coaches and children to explore the wonderful sport of Softball. Participants will go home happy and will look forward to the next LTP session.
Need manuals, posters, shirts and/or resources?
To order your Learn to Play Manual or for more information please contact ALYSSA SHUPE @ GDRDIRECTOR@LIVE.COM/(506)262-0291
- Where: Gagetown School Field
- When: Mondays and Thursdays
- Ages: U8 (4-7) & U12 (8-12) @ 6:00-7:30pm
- Cost: GDRC Membership + $10/t-shirt order (Softball Canada LTP shirts)
- Bring: Appropriate clothing, running shoes/cleats, glove, and water bottle
- Youth will be organized into age groups during the first few evenings and registration will be on-site.
LEARN TO PLAY SOFTBALL START DATE IS JULY 5TH – AUG 23TH
JAMBOREE TENTATIVE DATE IS AUG 24TH
Must have a valid 2018 GDRC Membership ($15/individual or $40/family). For more information please contact Alyssa at email@example.com or phone 488-3013 or 262-0291, don’t miss out on these great opportunities!