Rink Rules & Regulations
- Failure to follow the rules of the Community Recreation Centre Facilities will result in the loss of rink privileges. The decision of the volunteer supervisor or staff is final.
- All persons using the rink and facilities do so at their own risk. The indoor facilities may not always be open during Open Ice times or Recreational Hockey play (dependent on staff/volunteer availability).
- The School District policy states that ALL students in ALL grades must wear hockey helmets while on the ice during school hours. There are a few available for use at the rink. Parents are advised to encourage their children to wear helmets while skating at any time and the appropriate hockey gear while playing pick up hockey. Younger children should not play in the evening sessions.
- NO HOCKEY STICKS OR PUCKS ON THE ICE DURING PUBLIC SKATE TIME.
- No smoking allowed in the recreation centre. No alcoholic beverages allowed on the premises. No spitting in the building. No using indoor tabletops or games.
- No roughhousing (pushing & shoving) or foul language at any time. Please respect the rules and each other.
- STAY OFF THE ICE AT ALL TIMES WHEN “ICE NOT SUITABLE FOR SKATING” SIGN IS DISPLAYED IN FRONT OF REC. CENTRE.
- Pick up all garbage, including hockey tape, and put in garbage cans. Water and pop bottles, cans and juice boxes to be placed in the recycle container. Keep the building neat and tidy at all times. Other groups also use the building.
- It may be necessary to adjust the schedule due to special events, activities, programs, and rentals. Absolutely no interruptions while activities/events are in session.
- ALL PERSONS playing Recreational Hockey are required to stay to scrape the ice so flooding may be done. If the ice is not scraped flooding will not be done.
Must have a valid 2017 GDRC Membership ($15/individual or $40/family). For more information please contact Alyssa at email@example.com or phone 488-3013 or 262-0291.